Calligraphy

Just when I thought we were done with typography, we moved on to Calligraphy for one of our workshops, however I was surprised on how fun calligraphy was. We had to create calligraphic alphabets and visual demonstration working with a flat brush and ink. I found this task simpler than expected although it was my first time doing something like this, it was a very engaging task. Although I'm not fond of doing typography, I did find the workshop very enjoyable. 
We first started by writing the alphabet which was fun to do as I was experimenting with the different strokes. It did feel like painting and as a person who is terrible at painting as I've hardly done so, it was very easy to do, especially as I focused with one colour at the time.
We then moved on do using different colours and using different fonts which got me even more motivated in the workshop. I experimented by trying out the different colours and seeing what message i could write on the paper, linking with the colours.I was very proud of the outcome as there wasn't much mistakes and the colours looked very vibrant and eye catching.




No comments:

Post a Comment